CALS Honors Convocation
The College of Agriculture & Life Sciences holds an Honors Convocation each fall to recognize students who have achieved academic excellence in undergraduate degree programs for the previous academic year.
The ceremony recognizes students who achieved sustained academic excellence - designated as Highest Academic Distinction or Academic Distinction. The event not only celebrates the hard work of students, but also serves to recognize the family and friends who support them.
Being recognized at Honors Convocation recognition is a significant achievement: only 649 CALS students earned this distinction for 2021/22.
Honors Convocation is an invitation-only event; all eligible students receive email invitations to their UArizona email address. RSVP not required. Invited students can bring an unlimited number of guests.
2022 CALS Honors Convocation
Saturday, October 8, 2022
10 - 11:30 am
The ceremony is an in-person event and will not be live-streamed.
Eligible students who attend the ceremony will be individually recognized. Students will have their name read, cross the stage, and receive a cord for either Highest Academic Distinction or Academic Distinction.
- Highest Academic Distinction – red, white and royal blue cord
- Based on 30 regularly graded units the previous academic year and a 4.000 grade-point-average
- Academic Distinction – red cord
- Based on 30 regularly graded units the previous academic year and a grade-point-average of 3.500-3.999
What to Expect
- Open seating; students may sit with their families.
- Dressy casual attire is recommended for all participating students.
- Photos will be taken during the event.
- After the ceremony, please join us at the CALS Tent at Family Weekend Tailgate! The Tailgate is a fun opportunity to connect with CALS faculty and advisors, enjoy food and games, and win prizes!
- If I cannot attend the ceremony, can I still get my cord?
- Yes. Post-ceremony cord pick-up will be available from 9am - 4pm on Friday, October 14th in Forbes, 204.
- How do I get my cord if I am not located in Tucson?
- If you are not located in Tucson (e.g., ONLN or DIST students) and require your cord to be mailed to you, please complete this form by 10/7/22.
- Please note: local students are highly encouraged to get their cord in-person.